Sunday, May 1, 2011
Special Metaphor Assignment (Blog Post #14)
1. Why did you miss the metaphor in Tom Johnson's post, or, if you "hit the nail on the head", why do you think you understood the metaphor and why do you think that others in the class missed the metaphor?
I think I missed the metaphor because I took what Tom Johnson was saying literally and I didn't realize the metaphor in it. Those of us who missed it probably missed it for this reason. The author wrote it so well and I just didn't understand what he was trying to say. Now that I have went back and read it again I understand it now.
2. What metaphors have you encountered since I asked you to create a log of them?
-Good as Gold.
-You can't have your cake and eat it too.
-You're as cold as ice.
3. What other things can we do as educators to help our students to understand and to use metaphors?
We can use metaphors often to help students be able to quickly identify them. First, you have to tell them what they are and then help them practice using them.
4. Why do we use metaphors?
We use metaphors to make things more exciting. Which sounds better? "You can't have everything you want," OR, "you can't have your cake and eat it too?" Using metaphors makes a big difference in the way you communicate with others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment