My name is Courtney Starkie, I'm 20 years old and live in Semmes, Alabama. I've always lived in the Mobile area and I think the farthest I would ever move away would be Daphne or Fairhope because I don't like to be far away from my family. I have quite a large family, there are a total of six girls and three boys. However, I only have one biological sister. My family is the most important thing to me, I love spending time with them. I think having a strong support system, such as your family, will help you through life. I don't have much time outside of school and work for hobbies but when I do find time to do things, I usually spend as much time as I can with my dogs, hang out with my other half and play the piano, or go shopping. I love music, it moves me and of course, the piano is my favorite instrument. John Mayer is my absolute favorite artist. His voice serenades me and when I am having a bad day I listen to him.
I chose to come to USA because it was the closest college to home. I enjoy it here but I'm too excited to be done with college. I chose Elementary education because I love children. I believe it takes a special person to be a teacher because children are precious and should be treated like they are important. My goal as a teacher is to make a difference in children's lives. I want to be one of the teachers that my students come back to many years later and say that I had a major impact on their life.
Thanks for your post, i look forward to reading your posts to come! One thing for EDM is to make sure you add details!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a lot of children, as a parent myself I must say that your parents deserve a medal. I'm also majoring in elementary education, because I like working with children. My hope is to get kindergarden-3rd grade.
ReplyDelete