Eagles' Nest Radio Episode #3
It is really cool that these 3rd graders are doing educational podcast. I am excited that one day I will be able to do things like this with my class. I am really surprised at how well this podcast is put together. The students did really well! I think the music in the background really added some cool effects. That is an idea I will keep in mind for future podcasts.
The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom
This video brought up some good reasons why we should do podcasts. For example, they are more easily accessible. You don't have to have a screen in front of you to listen to them which is more practical when you are riding in the car or somewhere that a screen is not available. However, you can do podcast which requires a screen which are really cool too because you actually see who you are listening to.
One thing that is so good about a podcast is that is allows the parents to see what their children are doing in school. If I were a parent, I would love to see the things my child was doing in the classroom and actually be able to hear or see them. Another good reason for podcasting is if students are absent, the material can be easily sent to them and they will not be behind.
There are many reasons why podcasts should be used in the classroom and I really like the idea of using them in my classroom one day.
Langwitches
I like Ms. Talisano's ripple effect idea. I agree that there must be a ripple effect created by podcasters and bloggers to get teachers on board with it. To do this we have to share the information with others and encourage them to use this technology. I really like Ms. Talisano's blog page. She was the first teacher I had to comment on for C4T in EDM 310. She seems to really be on board with the idea of technology and education.
"That is an idea I will keep in mind for future podcasts." Don't just keep it in mind. Do it!
ReplyDeleteI don't know about you, but I didn't know anything about Podcasts before this class. I almost feel like the generation above us felt about certain technologies. I always had to show my parents how to use the new technology, now we're being introduced to new technology that kids as young as 3rd grade are using. Like you, I'm looking forward to using podcasts in my classroom. I also agree that the reasons given in the second video are very concrete. They show the real benefits.
ReplyDelete