Monday, April 11, 2011

Blog Post 10


Morgan Bayda posted a link in her blog, An Open Letter to Educators. The link was to a very enlightening and interesting video by Dan Brown. In his video he gives his reasonings for dropping out of college and why he thinks educations needs to be changed. I really enjoyed his video and strongly agree with what he had to say. Education is essential, and today we are taught institutional education. This means we all go to these "hubs-" universities - to get out education. This is the old way of doing things. The new way is by using the technology we have right at our fingertips for our education. This information on the internet is free for us. Every thing has conformed to this new age technology. Businesses and government have both fallen into the technology world. Actually, most every entity but education has conformed. As Dan Brown says. "Educators don't need to change - you need to understand that the world is changing and if you don't change with it, you will realize the world doesn't need you."

I agree with Morgan and Dan both. I do believe that we are being cheated out of our education if we are just fed facts and statistics about something and expected to "burp" it back up on a test. I have learned a lot in EDM 310 because it is so interactive. It is a lot of work and I don't like being overloaded with assignments but I know they all have a purpose and they are all teaching me something that I will use for the rest of my life. It is good to have classes like these and I think there should be a lot more of them in colleges today.

No comments:

Post a Comment