Sunday, April 24, 2011
Blog Post 11
Ms. Cassidy is a first grade teacher at Moose Jaw in Saskatchewan, Canada. She uses the same kinds of technology in her classroom with her 1st graders as we use in EDM 310. Some of the things are blogging, wikis, skype, and Nintendo DS. Her kids made a video showing what they use to learn in their classroom. They love blogging their work so everyone can see it. Ms. Cassidy also has them use wikis to find out what things such as traditions and rituals are. They make videos showing what they learn and often do this in groups where they plan out their own videos. They also use skype to connect with other classes and teachers around the world. One of their favorite things to use is the Nintendo DS. One student said it helped them learn how to solve problems and share.
I think Ms. Cassidy is doing a great thing in her class by using all of these things. The first graders in her class seem to be really smart and they look like they are having a blast learning. I would use all of these techniques in my classroom. If there was one I would think twice about using it would be the Nintendo DS only because most kids are usually not playing educational games on there. Other than that I like all these techniques and think Ms. Cassidy is really making a difference in her students' education.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment