Summary of C4T #4
Mr. Georend teaches 6th grade at Waukee Middle School in Ohio. He teaches Language Arts to students and uses a class blog as a testimony of what is happening in his classroom and how he is really "putting his money where his mouth is as a life-long learner." He has some goals and hopes to accomplish them through this blog.
His goals are to:
1. Challenge and be challenged
2. Communicate with colleagues in our field as well as those interested in the growth of our children
3. Weigh my personal decisions and abilities as an educator with my short- and long-term goals
4. Gather resources to share with the education community.
Mr. Georend is doing a great job with his blog post and he seems to really be passionate about what he is doing. Check out Mr.Georend's Blog.
The first post I read, Zero? Really?, I mean Really?! was written by Mr. Georend to express how he feels about giving up on students who don't turn in their assignments. He doesn't feel you should give the student no credit for turning in a project late. I agree with him because you never know the situation with the student. There could be problems at home that prevent them from finishing their project. As long as the student is learning, then he or she should pass the class.
I commented on his blog and told him my feelings on this issue. I agree with him and think it was an excellent post. His blog is very cool, everyone should look at it.
On the second post, NPM 2011: Prompt 3 - Diddy he says the students are writing poetry prompts in response to "Bud the Teacher's work." They wrote a poem about "playing a little diddy."
I responded to this post saying how I thought it was great they were writing poetry together as a class. It is an excellent way for all the students to interact with the teacher and each other by doing something fun.
Mr. Georend is doing a great job with his blog and keeping it updated with the students' work. Keep up the good work Mr. Georend!

No comments:
Post a Comment